While tinkering with Ruby 1.9 in TextMate I found that Ruby was segfaulting on the TextMate Ruby Bundle output screen.
/Users/codethought/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb:16: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-darwin11.4.0]
Turns out you can fix the error yourself… as I found at rubyflow.com
To quote here:
Edit the catch_exception.rb file in your Ruby bundle in TextMate. To get into it on my machine I had to do:
Then, comment out the require “cgi” line. And then remove all references to CGI::escapeHTML.
But a simpler way is to go is to download the change that someone else made from github and install it yourself.
And put the new version catch_exception.rb in the following directory yourself:
And your problem will be resolved.