Ruby 1.9, TextMate and Segmentation fault errors

While tinkering with Ruby 1.9 in TextMate I found that Ruby was segfaulting on the TextMate Ruby Bundle output screen.

/Users/codethought/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb:16: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-darwin11.4.0]

Turns out you can fix the error yourself… as I found at rubyflow.com

http://www.rubyflow.com/items/6795-solution-to-ruby-1-9-3-segfaulting-when-using-textmate-ruby-b

To quote here:

Edit the catch_exception.rb file in your Ruby bundle in TextMate. To get into it on my machine I had to do:

mate Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb

Then, comment out the require “cgi” line. And then remove all references to CGI::escapeHTML.

But a simpler way is to go is to download the change that someone else made from github and install it yourself.

https://gist.github.com/1354592

And put the new version catch_exception.rb in the following directory yourself:

Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/

And your problem will be resolved.